This combination of knowing the medicine and providing a nurturing environment for the women is what sets midwives apart from most doctors.
- Promotes a continuous and compassionate partnership between the women and the care giver
- Provides individualized methods of care and healing
- Provide Non-intervention in the normal processes of birth and knowing when to provide additional medical assistance to maintain the health and well-being of the mother her unborn child
- Appropriate use of interventions and technology for current or potential health problems
- Consultation, collaboration and referral with other members of the health care team as needed to provide optimal health care
- We affirm that midwifery care incorporates these qualities and that women’s health care needs are well-served through midwifery care.